3.15.2008

vicarious living

So, I've been living vicariously through the blogs of other people. And they've recently stopped updating on me. So, I guess it's my turn to put some things down, huh?

I imagine conversations with people all the time. Things I would never say because I'm not gutsy. Or I think they won't give me the time of day. Or I'm not cute enough to catch their attention. Or too cute and not enough something else.

Whatever.

I go to this singles' thing every Tuesday night with my big sis and a really good friend of mine. I really love it. The music is probably my favorite part, but the speaking has gotten better and better over the past two years. And recently, maybe because I finally feel old enough, I've started making my way into the "community" of singles. When I started going I was the ONLY 19 year old there. Now, there is a large group of college age students and people around that early 20s stage. So, I don't feel like SUCH the baby anymore. Plus for awhile I was dating a 25 year old, so that helped pull me into the more "adult ranks."

Anyway, I spent three months this summer working for THE COOLEST COMPANY EVER and when I came back there was a lot to figure out. The end of October was suddenly upon me and I was in St. Pete at a Matt Kearney concert with some of these singles... It was sort of in honor of my ex's birthday (at that point he was trying to put "us" back together)

Anyway, I like to remember this night as THE perfect scene in a romantic comedy. You know the scene where the guy and girl that will eventually get together have their first solo conversation. The audience knows they're gonna get together and they have this wonderfully charming conversation.

That's how I like to remember it. But I don't think that's really how it went down. But I left that night with the beginning of a crush on this really cute guy.

We walked around St. Pete, from his apartment to State Theatre, and talked about work and friends, family and growing up in Florida. I got a small peek at his music taste and was really intrigued with what he does for a living.

I hardly see him because he travels a lot, and I hide when I do see him. One of these days when I’ve convinced myself that I’m a 5’9 blonde, successful, beautiful, thin, intelligent woman I’ll talk to him. For now, I’ll keep sending crushing vibes out into the universe and hope they boomerang him to me again…

Or maybe another concert in St. Pete and him walking me around the city will work. I’m keeping my fingers crossed ;)

No comments: