3.27.2008

Coffeehouse

I learned the other day how to say coffeehouse in Hebrew. It's funny, because it's pretty much the same thing as in English.

I bring this up because I was blogging in a coffee shop on Monday night, and felt like SUCH the scene kid. I was even wearing tights and pattened leather shoes. Crazy.

Serious thought for the day:
Comparing John Mayer's song Belief with what my mom was telling me about seeing Aushwitz and Krakow.

She told me last night if she heard one more person say that the war in Iraq is about gas and oil she'd flip out.

I don't know. Because I know that was a motivating factor. But I did forget about Saddam. And his experiments and internment/concentration camps.

In other news, I was ears last night. For several hours. Actually most of my interactions yesterday were more about listening than talking. And that is a sort of role-reversal for me.

Silly question:
I asked my baristas this morning if they'd rather sneeze marbles or sweat cheese. And the guy, whose name I MUST discover said to me, "Sneeze marbles. " To which I replied, "That would hurt man..." and he said, "Yup."

Yay for people who play along with my middle school games :)

5.5 more weeks and I will no longer be an intern at South Tampa Fellowship. Nor have this spiffy computer to play on. For the first time since I've known this I just wondered what would define me. It's been three years, and it is going to be over so fast.

Now, I think I'll go home, then swim. And think to the rythmic beat of my stroke. That's pretty soothing believe it or not.

Leheetrahoat

No comments: