3.17.2008

not there

Elizabeth, I'm feeling emasculated. Maybe I should rent your movies.

I had this nightmare last night that a much more successful meeting took place last night behind my back led by the guy who told me he'd be out of town and a girl who doesn't even work at our company any more. Insecurity much?

I don't know what's going on in my head. I feel as though all these opportunities are lining up for me to do things I'm really good at, and people who have no idea, instead of taking the word of people who vouch for me are being idiotic.

There are no gaps, I can do my job, and hers.... But go ahead, wave your testosterone around and be all proud of the fact you have penises. I'm not going to play the "silently proving myself to you game." I've done that for three flipping years.

But I don't want to be a "bitch on wheels" either. A woman with a chip on my shoulder, out to prove any way that I can that I can play with the big dogs.

So, what's a girl to do? Carrie, it's not as easy as you make it look on TV...

Who knew you'd grow up to work in playground politics...

No comments: