3.29.2008

rear view mirrors

I wonder if rear view mirrors have affected the subconscious minds of America?

My mom used a this concept as an illustration one Wednesday night when I was in high school. About how if a driver tried to drive only looking in the rear view mirror, it would be a disaster.

When you're driving it's only healthy to look back occasionally, when you're about to switch lanes, when you're on a busy highway...

I've been living looking back recently, because I'm about to make a pretty drastic lane change.
I'm excited. But to be able to look back and have all these memories, that have now become lessons, and personality shapers, it's weird.

I remember Milk Shakes, and movies every Friday or Saturday night, and water gun surprise wars, and trips to St. Augustine/ Interlachen, Fl, and countless youth conferences, and so much back there.

I had an interesting conversation last night with one of my girls about what it's like growing up as a PK. That brought back more of these lesson/memories. And with my dad's updated news about how my grandmother is doing... I wonder: what will it be like for my kids? I'm grateful that I grew up in a pretty good balance. I just hope I can do the same thing.

So, I'm looking back, and I'm looking forward, and life is one big I-75. I've been driving one section over and over again and now it's time to get on the junction.

Yup.

No comments: